May 1, 2020 - STAYING SAFE DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
To Our Valued Guests
In this rapidly changing environment, we are all taking steps to contain the Covid-19 Pandemic. Health and safety are paramount at this time; following prevention, social distancing and safety measures to help contain the spread of the virus is a necessity for all. We ask for your continued support to ensure the safety of the communities where we live, work and serve.
Harding’s Market is committed to the well-being of our associates and customers. We are following CDC recommendations, doing the best we can with the resources available to us. Given the need to protect employees and the public from exposure to COVID-19, we are taking the following steps:
- FACE MASKS: We are requiring our associates and store guests to wear face masks or face coverings while in our stores, unless they have a medical condition which prohibits them from doing so. Face masks have been supplied to all employees.
- Associates who are unable to medically tolerate a mask will provide written documentation.
- All truck drivers and vendors entering our stores will also be required to wear masks
- Customer signage will be posted at the store entrances
- DEDICATED SHOPPING HOURS: We have designated Wednesday and Thursday, 8am-10am, as shopping time for people over 60, pregnant women and those with chronic conditions including heart disease, diabetes and lung disease.
- EXPOSURE REDUCTION: We have implemented strategies to reduce COVID-19 exposure to our customers and employees including:
- Disinfectant products available for sanitizing of carts and baskets and at other appropriate locations
- Access to hand sanitizers for employees, guests and at all registers
- Using best efforts to ensure cashiers disinfect their hands between orders to prevent cross-contamination
- Closing all self-prepared food stations, free samples and tasting stations
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We are continuing to ensure that employees and guests remain at least 6’ apart to the maximum extent possible.
- Limiting the number of guests in our stores in compliance with occupancy limits
- Installation of safety shield plexiglass dividers at the registers to provide a barrier between customers and cashiers
- Marked queues for store entrances and check lanes in 6’ increments
- Messaging in our stores and on all marketing platforms to encourage best practice distancing
- EMPLOYEE HEALTH: Employees who are sick are prohibited from reporting to work. There is daily screening for all staff prior to reporting to workstations. A process has been put in place for any employee not passing the daily screening.