The holidays are here. Wondering what to do for a centerpiece? These flowers are the focal point of your table, but choosing the right centerpiece isn’t difficult. Here are tips for choosing the perfect centerpiece for your next dinner party.
- DON’T CHOOSE A CENTERPIECE THAT IS TOO TALL When your guests are sitting and enjoying dinner, you’ll want everyone to be able to see each other and be included in conversation. A tall centerpiece will block people from view and deter natural discussion. Use a short vase and keep the flowers below eye level.
- DON’T USE FRAGRANT FLOWERS A major component of taste is smell. The scent of your food should be the aromatic focus of your dinner party, not the flowers. Fragrant flowers can disrupt the flavor of the meal and take the focus away from your food.
- USE A FLOATING ARRANGEMENT Showcasing a floating arrangement will ensure that your centerpiece stays low, but will also keep it elegant. Use flowers that will float and hold their shape, such as roses. Add fruit slices to your floating arrangement to give it extra color and depth.
- CHOOSE FLOWERS THAT MATCH YOUR MEAL If your dinner party has a theme, your centerpiece should emphasize it. For example, red and white flowers for Christmas will add a festive motif to the table. Complement with coordinating colors for your place settings.
- USE ONE BOUQUET TO MAKE SEVERAL SMALLER CENTERPIECES If one main centerpiece seems too formal or bulky, take a bouquet and divide it up to make smaller centerpieces for each guest. Little canning jars or teacups can be utilized as vases. This will give each guest a personal bouquet to take home and enjoy.
- ORDER YOUR CENTERPIECE ONLINE WITH HARDING’S FRESH FLORAL DELIVERY SERVICE Delivered right to your door!