My Shopping List
Beefy Sweet Potato Hash
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 12 oz. cooked beef (such as steak, roast or pot roast), cut into 1/2-in. cubes (about 2-1/2 c.)
+ 1 large sweet potato, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-in. cubes
+ 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
+ 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix
+ 1/4 c. water
+ 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
+ 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat or regular dairy sour cream
+ 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
+ chopped fresh cilantro
What to do:
1. Combine sweet potatoes, onion and taco seasoning in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add water. Cover and cook 8 to 10 min. or until crisp-tender and water has almost evaporated, stirring once. Stir in oil; continue cooking, uncovered, 4 to 6 min. or until potatoes are tender and begin to brown, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, combine sour cream and hot sauce in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Add beef to potato mixture. Continue to cook 5 min. or until beef is heated through, stirring occasionally, adding 1 to 2 Tbsp. water, if needed to avoid sticking.
4. Garnish with cilantro, as desired. Serve with sour cream mixture.
Beefy Sweet Potato Hash can be served by itself or use in on one of these delicious breakfast creations.
Tacos: Evenly divide hash mixture into eight warmed 6 to 7-inch corn tortillas. Garnish with cilantro and serve with sour cream mixture.
Burritos: Evenly divide hash mixture and cilantro, as desired, into four warmed 10-inch flour tortillas; fold burrito-style. Serve with sour cream mixture.
Beef and Egg Sweet Potato Hash: Prepare recipe as directed. Top hash with egg, prepared as desired. Garnish with cilantro and serve with sour cream mixture.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 329; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 63mg; Total Carbs: 33g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 26g; Sodium: 387mg;