My Shopping List
Wave the Flag Cupcakes
Courtesy of US Highbush Blueberry Council
Prep Time: 35 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 pkg. (18 oz.) yellow cake mix
+ 1/3 c. applesauce
+ 1 1/4 c. water
+ 3 egg whites
+ 3 c. fresh blueberries, divided
+ 1 pkg. lowfat cream cheese, softened
+ 1/2 c. confectioners' sugar
+ 1 tsp. vanilla extract
+ 1 roll of red-colored fruit snack (from a 4.5 oz box)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, beat cake mix with applesauce, egg whites and 1-1/4 c. water for 30 seconds on low speed, then 2 min. on medium speed.
2. Spoon batter into 24 (2½") aluminum or paper lined muffin cups. Evenly divide 1 c. of blueberries onto tops of batter; do not stir.
3. Bake cupcakes following package directions; remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
4. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spoon onto cooled cupcakes; spread to the edges.
5. Unroll fruit snack and, with a sharp knife, cut into strips 1/8" wide by 2" long. On half of each cupcake, arrange strips, trimming each to fit. Arrange remaining 2 c. blueberries on the frosting on other halves of the cupcakes, about 10 blueberries per cupcake.
Calories: 135; Total Fat: 3g; Total Carbs: 24g; Protein: 3g;