My Shopping List
Bartlett Pear Lattice Coffeecake
Courtesy of USA Pears
Serve With:Servings: 10
Delicious for a special brunch or a neighborhood get together.
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 45 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 large fresh Bartlett pear, cored and sliced
+ 1/2 c. sugar, divided
+ 2 Tbsp. flour
+ 1 tsp. grated orange peel
+ 4 c. buttermilk baking mix
+ 1/2 tsp. ground cardamonm
+ 2 eggs
+ 3/4 c. milk
What to do:
1. Toss pear with 2 Tbsp. sugar, flour and orange peel.
2. Combine baking mix, 6 Tbsp. sugar and cardamon.
3. Beat together eggs and milk; add to dry ingredients and stir until mixed.
4. Turn out on lightly floured surface and knead gently a few times. Cut off 2/3 of dough; pat on bottom and 1 inch up sides of 8-inch spring-form pan.
5. Arrange pear slices over dough. Roll remaining dough into ropes and arrange, lattice-fashion, on top of pear slices.
6. Bake at 375° F. for 40 to 45 min. or until golden.