My Shopping List
Beef Steak & Potato Kabobs
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Serve With:Servings: 4
Tossed Green Salad
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ boneless beef top sirloin, Petite steak or tenderloin steak, cut 1" thick (about 1 lb.)
+ 1 lb. all-purpose potatoes
+ 2 medium yellow or zucchini squash
+ 3/4 c. steak sauce
+ 2 large cloves garlic, minced
What to do:
1. Cut potatoes into 1-1/2" pieces. Place in microwave-safe dish; cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH 6 to 8 min. or until just tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
2. Combine sauce ingredients in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 min., stirring once.
3. Cut squash lengthwise in half.
4. Cut beef steak and squash into 1-1/4" pieces.
5. Combine beef, squash, potatoes and 1/3 c. sauce in large bowl; toss. 6. Alternately thread beef and vegetables onto metal skewers.
7. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, about 10 to 12 min. for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally
8. Brush with remaining sauce during last 5 min.
Safety Tip: Beef should be cooked to a temperature anywhere between 145 to 170°F.
* Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes
Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Cabernet Sauvignon, Chianti, Shiraz/Syrah
Calories: 272; Total Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 66mg; Total Carbs: 30g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 724mg;