My Shopping List
Cherry Blues Steak Pizza
Courtesy of National Cherry Institute
Serve With:Servings: 4
Mixed Green Salad
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 1/2 c. beef (any tender cut), cooked medium rare and sliced thin
+ 1- 12-inch pre-baked pizza crust
+ 1/2 c. dried tart cherries
+ 1 1/2 c. onion, sliced thin
+ 2 1/2 c. baby portabello mushrooms, sliced thin
+ 1 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 1 1/2 c. blue cheese, crumbled
What to do:
1. Sauté onions in butter until caramelized; let cool.
2. Sauté Portabello mushrooms in butter until tender; let cool.
3. Brush olive oil evenly over pre-baked pizza crust. Spread onions and mushrooms over pizza crust.
4. Arrange slices of beef and cherries over onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle blue cheese over all.
5. Bake at 450°F in a standard oven 7 to 9 min., or until cheese has melted
6. Serve as an appetizer or main course.
Cabernet Sauvignon, Sangiovese, Côtes du Rhône